How to do Rabbit Pose
The below cues added by yoga teachers show multiple ways to do Rabbit Pose depending on the focus of your yoga sequence and the ability of your students.
To view the complete steps and corresponding yoga sequence, please consider signing-up to Tummee.com yoga sequence builder that is trusted by yoga teachers worldwide to plan their yoga classes. Learn more.
Clavicular breath.Establish breath first then count. Feedback where do you feel breath. ...
important here keep chin to chest slowly round forward vertebra by vertebra no weight is on the head ...
A. Creating space for the muscles around the abdominal area , while contracting them helps to keep those muscles strong protecting the internal organs... ...
sit back on your heels, legs folded underneath you firmly grip your heels slowly fold forward as you exhale bring your head as close to the floor o... ...
To get into this pose, start by sitting on your heels in Hero Pose. Extend your arms back and hold onto the soles of your feet. Tuck your chin inward ... ...
Child's pose knees together, grab & pull on heels, lift back, rest gently on crown of head. 2X ...
- Relâcher les épaules et les nuques pour détendre les bas dos - Mettre un coussin sous sa tête ...
Hips over heals Scapulas spread - Pull on heels Thorasic flexion Lumbar flexion as abdominals engage strongly Tuck tail to engage abs more ...
Breath deeply into the back and keep weight off the head. Hold for 5-10 breaths. ...
Benefits - Stimulates the functioning of the endocrine and maintains a hormonal balance in the body. Refreshes the brain and relieves from fatigue, ... ...
Rabbit pose - works to stimulate the thyroid and the parathyroid glands. It is also believed to help combat depression. The thyroid gland is located i... ...
Bring the body to kneeling, take a few breaths here keeping the spine straight. Placing the palms on your heels behind you, inhale and stretch the... ...
Selon possibilité des élèves, faire 44-45 ou 46 ...
Variation option to have tripod hands. Sahasrara Spiritual realm Hover over the head You are a spiritual being Crown and the light White or spar... ...
Discover more cues, teaching ideas, and how to do steps at How to Do Rabbit Pose
Rabbit Pose Benefits
- Flexes the spine.
- Increases body awareness with breathing.
- As Rabbit Pose is a forward bend pose, it calms the mind and relieves tensions around the neck.
- Activates the thyroid glands, keeping the hormones in control.
- Relieves the stress bringing fresh blood supply to the crown of the head.
- Activates the digestive system. Yoga Sequence for Digestion
- Keeps the face muscles young and fresh, reducing stretches.
- Stretches the arms and the shoulders, giving strength.
- Reduces lower back stiffness. Yoga Sequence for Back Pain
- Sasangasana is a great posture to practice by the end of the day to induce good sleep.
Rabbit Pose Contraindications
Keep in mind the following such precautions when practicing Rabbit Pose, despite being a simple beginner level pose.
- Neck, shoulder, arms, back injury
- Spondylitis and Vertigo
Rabbit Pose Variations
We have 1500+ yoga poses with many Rabbit Pose variations along with 10000+ reference yoga sequences and cues. Please sign-up to view different variations of Rabbit Pose to plan your yoga classes and yoga sequences.
Rabbit Pose Steps
- Moving from Vakrasan, take the body to a slightly difficult pose called Sasangasana or Rabbit Pose.
- Bring the body to Vajrasana, take a few breaths here keeping the spine straight.
- Placing the palms on your heels behind you, inhale and stretch the spine and take the head and place it on the floor. Exhale completely. Once here inhale and raise the entire back and bring it away from the heels and twisting the neck take the stretch deep inside and close to the knee.
- Make sure there is no pressure on the head while taking this twist at the neck. Exhaling completely here stretch the arms, not letting go of the heels and feel the stretch at the neck and the shoulders with proper slow breathing.
- Remain in this pose for 4 breaths if it is comfortable or lesser depending on the comfort.
- This stretch at the beginning could be difficult to understand, but if you go into this pose step by step without pushing the neck or the back then the pose becomes smooth and beautiful.
- Release from this pose and go back to Vajrasana and relax the spine and neck with normal breathing.
Rabbit Pose Modifications
We have 1500+ yoga poses with many Rabbit Pose modifications along with 10000+ reference yoga sequences and cues. Please sign-up to view different modifications of Rabbit Pose to plan your yoga classes and yoga sequences.
Rabbit Pose Preparatory Poses
Please sign-up to view preparatory poses for Rabbit Pose. We have 10000+ reference sequences along with foundational yoga sequences built from a library of 1500+ yoga poses (with new yoga poses added daily).
Rabbit Pose Relaxing Follow-up Poses
Please sign-up to view relaxing follow-up poses for Rabbit Pose. We have 10000+ reference sequences along with foundational yoga sequences built from a library of 1500+ yoga poses (with new yoga poses added daily).
Rabbit Pose Level Up Follow-up Poses
Please sign-up to view level up follow-up poses for Rabbit Pose. We have 10000+ reference sequences along with foundational yoga sequences built from a library of 1500+ yoga poses (with new yoga poses added daily).
Rabbit Pose Yoga Sequences
Rabbit Pose Titles in English and Sanskrit
Many yoga poses have multiple titles because of differences in their Sanskrit to English title translation or a specific title becoming popular because of it's common usage amongst yoga teachers and yoga practitioners. Below are common titles of Rabbit Pose:
- Rabbit Pose
- Hare Pose