How to do Dancing Virabhadrasana
The below cues and yoga sequences added by yoga teachers show multiple ways to do Dancing Virabhadrasana depending on the focus of your yoga sequence and the ability of your students.
To view the complete steps and corresponding yoga sequence, please consider signing-up to Tummee.com yoga sequence builder that is trusted by yoga teachers worldwide to plan their yoga classes. Learn more.
bereitet Muskeln der Flanken und Schultern auf Mermaid vor
EIN - Beine stabil wie sie sind, OKörper neigt sich nach hinten, Arm ist weit über das Ohr gestreckt, die ganze Seite wird geöffnet
L ARM oben und über den Kopf nach hinten
R Arm mit aufgestellter Hand und Fingerspitzen schiebt am Oberkö nach vorn
Gewicht gut verteilt auf beiden Beiden.
Coming into stillness, palms into prayer, chant with me the seed mantra - YAM.
Manipulating the prana, connecting to the wind element. The air element is embodied in the breath.
A. Releasing, let them stand in Tadasana to relax and rest the breathing.
B. Then going into the Third Flow, demonstrate Dancing Virabhadrasana or Dancing Warrior Pose.
C. Here, make them do this pose in pairs. Make them stand back to back. So while one is standing with the right leg bent the ...
Starting in Tadasana, take a big step back, foot turned parallel with the bottom of back, coming into Warrior 2. Ensure that the front leg is strong ad favouring the outside rather than collapsing towards the inside. Draw up nice and tall through the worse, strong and grounded into the feet. With a...
Unhook the elbow, plant the back foot at 45 degrees, inhale. Exhale, extend the arms out in front of the body. Visualizing your breath, maybe it is a pink or white light, maybe a stream of blue radiance, or a golden luminescent gleam. As you inhale, bring the hands towards the heart as though you ar...
Unhooking the elbow, planting the back foot down at 45 degrees, extend the arms in front of the body. Once again, visualizing the breath - Inhale, bringing the hands towards the heart, gathering life force energy. Exhaling as we push away illusion. Stay in this flow, manipulate the breath. If you ar...
Reverse warrior, gaze up to the sky
1. Inhale lengthen out of the waistline
2. Exhale release Left hand to rest softly on the Left leg
3. Inhale, lengthen through the right side body
4. Extend Right bicep by the ear, finger tips to the back of the room
5. Create length & space from your right hip, to the finger tips as ...
Spin the toes from the back foot open to 90 degrees. The edge of foot should be parallel with back edge of mat. On an inhale, lift your torso and arms up until your arms are extended and parallel to the floor. Bring the left hand to extend in front of you holding the hand in a FIST while holding t...
Spin the toes from the right foot open to 90 degrees. The edge of foot should be parallel with back edge of mat. On an inhale, lift your torso and arms up until your arms are extended and parallel to the floor. Bring the left hand to extend in front of you holding the hand in a fist while holding ...
DD W1, W2, RVW, DANCING WARRIOR
Discover more cues, teaching ideas, and how to do steps at How to Do Dancing Virabhadrasana
Dancing Virabhadrasana Benefits
Dancing Virabhadrasana is a intermediate level yoga pose that is performed in standing position. Dancing Virabhadrasana additionally involves stretch, . Need Dancing Virabhadrasana benefits? Please sign-up to request benefits of Dancing Virabhadrasana and we will notify you as soon as your request has been completed.
Dancing Virabhadrasana Contraindications
Dancing Virabhadrasana is a intermediate level yoga pose that is performed in standing position. Dancing Virabhadrasana additionally involves stretch, . Need Dancing Virabhadrasana contraindications? Please sign-up to request contraindications of Dancing Virabhadrasana and we will notify you as soon as your request has been completed.
Dancing Virabhadrasana Variations
Dancing Virabhadrasana Variations: Below are some common variations of the yoga pose Dancing Virabhadrasana with base pose as Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana).
Dancing Virabhadrasana Steps
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to follow for the practice of Dancing Warrior Pose (Dancing Virabhadrasana):
- Begin standing in Utthita Tadasana (Five Point Star Pose).
- From here, after taking a few round of breathing take the left foot out to 90 degrees and bring the right foot inwards to 45 degrees. Adjust the hips and make sure the feet are in alignment.
- Continue to stretch the arms out at shoulder level and as you exhale bend the left knee, making sure the knees is just above the left ankle.
- Inhale and raise the left arm above your shoulders as you bend the back and shoulder a bit. Exhale, and bring the right arm in front of the chest stretching it towards the opposite side.
- Inhale and stretch the arms in the opposite direction as you gaze in front taking the body gently in a backbend. Stay here for about 3-4 breaths initially to understand the stretch in the upper body.
- Exhale to stretch beyond and get comfortable in the posture. To release, inhale and release to come back to Utthita Tadasana. Relax and repeat with the other leg taking the right foot to 90 degrees and the left foot inwards to 45 degrees.
- Stretch and stay in the pose as you breath deep and slow for about 3-4 breaths. Release and relax to come back to Utthita Tadasana.
- Relax and repeat to go for another round and stay longer to feel and enjoy the stretch.
Dancing Virabhadrasana Modifications
We have 2100+ yoga poses with many Dancing Virabhadrasana modifications along with 90000+ reference yoga sequences and cues. Please sign-up to view different modifications of Dancing Virabhadrasana to plan your yoga classes and yoga sequences.
Dancing Virabhadrasana Yoga Sequence Preparatory Poses
The practice of Dancing Warrior Pose (Dancing Virabhadrasana) engages the core muscles as the sides of the back are stretched while taking the upper body in a gentle backbend. Although the core muscles are engaged, they are not the primary focus for this pose, as much as the psoas muscles. Hence, acting as a preparatory for Dancing Warrior Pose, the given sequences below can benefit:
Dancing Virabhadrasana Relaxing Follow-up Poses
Please sign-up to view relaxing follow-up poses for Dancing Virabhadrasana. We have 90000+ reference sequences along with foundational yoga sequences built from a library of 2100+ yoga poses (with new yoga poses added daily).
Dancing Virabhadrasana Level Up Follow-up Poses
Please sign-up to view level up follow-up poses for Dancing Virabhadrasana. We have 90000+ reference sequences along with foundational yoga sequences built from a library of 2100+ yoga poses (with new yoga poses added daily).
Dancing Virabhadrasana Yoga Sequences
Dancing Virabhadrasana Titles in English and Sanskrit
Many yoga poses have multiple titles because of differences in their Sanskrit to English title translation or a specific title becoming popular because of it's common usage amongst yoga teachers and yoga practitioners. Below are common titles of Dancing Virabhadrasana:
- Dancing Warrior Pose
- Dancing Virabhadrasana
Dancing Virabhadrasana Sanskrit
Dancing Virabhadrasana sanskrit title is Dancing Virabhadrasana
Please click on the link below to listen to Sanskrit pronunciation of Dancing Warrior Pose (Dancing Virabhadrasana):
Play Sanskrit audio pronunciation for Dancing Virabhadrasana